Beginning of Day 6. Yesterday was a great success! Kids and I left to do some errands and I stopped to let them play at a park. They are making more messes around the house but I think they are having more fun. I think the best thing that is happening is they are more present. They are DOING more things, rather than sitting like stumps watching TV. We didn't even watch the movie we were going to watch. It wasn't that big of deal. My oldest has been reading like crazy. He is only 10 but can read faster than I can! That's not saying a lot but I'm not a slow reader. He amazes me. He has started two books this past week: Harry Potter Book 6 and some book about the Reflections Edge?? He finished the Edge book and is half way done with HP book. So proud of him!! I didn't discover reading till I was probably his age and was pretty slow. My parents never encouraged me to do much. It's a wonder I finished college. I think the reason I did was because they always said that if I don't stay in school I'll be dropped from their insurance. So since I didn't have a job that provided health insurance, I stayed in school, not knowing what else I was going to do! Crazy. Anyway. Another tangent!! But!! The kids have also been doing more chores - chores that they should always do but time slips away and then they are not done. Happens to me too if I sit in front of the TV all day. Nothing gets done. How can it?
So back to our Sunday morning clean up!! :-)
Sunday, February 6, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment