Here's a peek at my chickens. I used to have about 20 or so and they got wind that there was dog food on our back porch! I have enough crap to deal with and chicken crap all over my porch wasn't one of them, so I gave them to my mom. The three hens, one rooster and one completely worthless sweet duck (who thinks he's a chicken and we hatched in an incubator from eggs we were given) are so far the perfect amount for our family. We get three brown eggs every two days. They are easy to keep and I really love my chickens!!
I have two Rhode Island Reds, one Black SexLink and our Golden Laced Wyandot rooster who is the nicest rooster we've ever had. He has never tried to attack us and they really can get mean! So he's still around because he's so sweet and we've had him over three years.
No comments:
Post a Comment