Well, the boys made a couple cars and raced them last night. It was pretty exciting. My oldest won the pack! My husband took second in the adult race. Missed winning by .0007ths of a second! Tough competition. He's already planning what he can do differently next year.
I need to hand it to my husband. He made a good car for my son to race last night. I was proud of him and all the hard work he put into it. We had a little mishap last year that lit a fire under us this year. He built a car for my son and moved the axels a little. It was a fast car! His car was inspected and it passed inspection. Then they started racing. One little boys dad was sorta helping and he saw that my son's car beat his son's time, so he went and inspected it. That was against the rules. But he did. Then he saw we moved the axels and said that was illegal and not allowed. Hmm.... we didn't remember seeing that rule but we didn't do anything about it. They let his car race but wouldn't let it win the pack. Hmmm... So interestingly enough this man's son won the pack. Ok. When we got home we looked up this rule that we broke and couldn't find it. So we called the Den Leader and told him that we weren't happy about this. He apologized because he looked up the rule and couldn't find it either. Then I called the District guy and explained what happened and he said, "Wait, they reinspected your car during the race?! That's against the rules. Do you want to race in District?" My husband built a new car in a few days and we took it to District. The other boy brought his car to District too. But my son's car beat his. I guess I wouldn't have been so upset about it if they would have apologized and said they made a mistake. I know he knows he made a mistake... it was right there in the rules in black and white. But that is water under the bridge. The adults raced this year as well and my husband came in second and that man came in third. It was close. But it was fun! Lots of fun racing the adults. I might make a car next year and see how I do. I know a lot of the secrets now so we will see. lol
Woke up to it snowing, it didn't really stick - just on my car. Now there are snow showers off and on. I'm trying to get a fire started in our wood stove. So far it looks like it's gonna take. I love my wood stove. We are basically out of wood though. I'm using rotten wood that light as a feather. It will go quickly. Especially if our heater keeps shutting off. Blew a fuse this morning and it was 58 degrees in our house! Too cold for my blood. But right now the fire is still going with the wet wood. Maybe if I keep it hot the wood will keep burning.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment